Logger Help Documentation
Logger is a LabVIEW™ library modeled after the Log4j and similar libraries. This add-on can be used to create a robust, full-feature application logging and error-handling system for any LabVIEW™ application. Logging statements are written as CSV lines to a log file. Log files are managed and organized by calendar date and file name to reduce clutter and on-disk storage space. Logging can be configured to automatically close and create a new log file based on file size. Advanced error-handling capabilities are provided by combining level-based application logging with the General Error Handler VI of LabVIEW™ to easily catch, log, clear, and display errors based on verbosity, severity, and configuration.
This section of the Field R&D Services Help Documentation contains tutorials, user manuals, developer notes, guides, and API material for the Logger product. Specific questions can be submitted using the Contact Us form.
Follow these instructions to install LabPack LabVIEW™ library:
- Download the vipm package of the LabPack LabVIEW library.
- Open it with VI Package Manager (available for free at www.jki.net/vipm) and follow on-screen instructions.
- Restart LabVIEW.
Operating System Support
The following operating systems are supported in the LabPack LabVIEW™ Library:
- Mac OS
- Linux RT
Note, this library was written in pure LabVIEW; therefore, it's compatible with any operating system that LabVIEW itself can run on.
NI Application Software Support
The following table lists the NI application software versions supported by Logger LabVIEW Library
Copyright © 2014 Field R&D Services, LLC. All rights reserved. (https://github.com/fieldrndservices/logger)
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of the Field R&D Services nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY Field R&D Services, LLC ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL Field R&D Services, LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.